Saturday, December 19, 2009

Matthew on Wednesday

Today we are going to visit the girls and I hope today that the girls will not act snotty and mean like she did the first few days. This is what I hope to see out of Angela: Nice, laughing, smiling, giggling, etc. Why we didn’t leave Kazakhstan was Angela called on her friend’s cell phone to talk to Irina so she could tell us that she was wrong and that kind of stuff.
So Mom and Dad are going to go comfort the girls and we are just taking things one day at a time.


Matthew on Saturday


When we saw the girls we brought them to our apartment to play. First we decorated the apartment with window clingers which was kind of fun for all of us because when they didn’t stick we punched them on and Mom was saying “Put water on it to make it stick!”. When that was done we colored with glitter glue, then we ran around trying to “taze” our translator, Irina, with a Lego Tazer we made.

After that we ate lunch with salami, chicken, bread, tomatoes, cheese, and juice. When that was done we played more games.

Today was a really fun day. Angela played with us today and she asked if she could stay longer, which I think is a good sign for us.

The day before was a lot like today…fun, smileful…but we were mostly looking at a Russian to English book which was full of colored pictures. I felt good yesterday, but today I feel great and I hope they are feeling great too because then we can be a GREAT big happy family!!

9 comments:

  1. Matthew
    thank you for sharing your heart again and I am totally hoping for you all that you will become a family with boys and girls. You have such great abilities in being a big brother and I am sure that the girls need a big bro like you, even if they dont admit it.

    I will continue to pray that the good stuff keeps happening and that you have lots of great times together to blank out the not-so-great ones.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you guys. I am happy for you that the girls are being nice and friendly and fun. God bless!
    ~Holly <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Matthew,

    We have been praying for you. At our house the snow is two feet deep. We had fun playing in it but I lost my glove.

    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Matthew,

    We have been praying for you. As Mary said, we have had a lot of snow. I am glad that the girls are doing much better. Do you like learning about the history of Kazakhstan? Outside the snow is as high as our thighs. We are still not finished decorating our tree. Say "Hi" to your mom and dad and Angela and Olesya for us. I think your blog is cool. I am starting my own, if mom ever figures out how to put it on the internet I will let you know.

    What are you doing today, December 20th, Sunday, for you?

    Have you seen any yurts or snow sculptures? How much snow do you have there?

    You can e-mail me at my mom's e-mail which your mom has.

    Love,

    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matthew -- I am certainly enjoying reading your blog and your thoughts during this process. It seems like the last visit went well. I certianly hope you get your wish and you guys can be one great, happy family!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Matt,

    Reading your blog has made us so happy today! It must have been so much fun to have dinner with the girls and then decorate the apartment with them. I'll bet you and Angela make a great team, but your poor Dad. Is he smiling while you are beating him at games?

    I'm glad to learn you have legos with you. did either of the girls want to play legos with you?

    We hope you will continue to share on your blog. We miss you very much!

    Much love to ALL,
    Miss Jane and Mr Steve

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Matthew,
    I'm so happy to hear your account of the past two days. It sounds like everyone is getting along well and having a lot of FUN! This is great news... very encouraging. Keep up the good work in sharing your brotherly love with the girls. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Matthew,

    I'm glad you hear that you and the girls are having fun finally. I'm glad the girls and not mean anymore and are playing with you.

    Have fun!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Matthew,

    Thanks for sharing. I saw an article about Legos today in the newspaper and of course thought of you. I will save it for you! I had no idea the first Legos was invented in 1932.

    For some reason today, I really LOOKED at the picture at the top of your mom's blog. My goodness, I think you are the one who has really matured since that photo was taken. You looked like a little boy and now you are so grown up.

    We all miss your family very much and can't wait to have you back home.

    Miss Janet

    ReplyDelete