Monday, January 4, 2010

What I Am Missing

While we are still in Kazakhstan I'm starting to miss things like:

English: People here speak Russian and it's kind of hard to converse with them but we do like when we were at the Doner Cafe and we asked it was cow in the hamburger so we went "Moo" a lot and they finally got it.

Clean Water: That is a biggie. Here water isn't filtered like in the USA. We just buy 5 liter bottles from the market and so far it has been good.

Clay: Last but not least I am missing my friend Clay. He called me once bit I can't call him because it is a dollar a minute and we can't afford it.

Over all, I think I can live without these (except the last one) but I am OK.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Matt , have been trying to send you a letter, on your blog and it would not go yntill i did anonymous and it worked, I love reading your blog , you writing is so exciting, I think some day you will be a famous writer. i am so happy you will be coming home with your new sisters, God has blessed you all. Love you very much and i can't wait to see you this spring. G.Ma xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best thing when you do without the normal is that you enjoy the 'normal' when you get home again. Like when water comes out of the tap, you will appreciate that you can drink it right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be the greatest experience to go back to your birthplace and to see how different things would have been if you were raised there. Kazakhstan is so different and beautiful in it's own way....just like America is different and beautiful in it's own way. Isn't it just wonderful to experience other cultures?
    You (and your brothers) have done a great job of blending in with the Kazakhs in Kazakhstan and I'm sure that your parents are proud of you. Enjoy your sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Matt--
    How are you? You are doing a great job with your blog! Can't wait to see you all next summer and meet Angela and Olesya...
    Love,
    Miss Alethea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Matt -- I am Stephanie from New York and a reader of your mom's blog. Ask your parents if you can download Skype at www.skype.com. You can use a credit card to put $5 on an account and you can call any phone by talking into your computer. We were in Kazakhstan recently and we used this service to call home for about 3 cents per minute. Maybe you *can* call your friend Clay.
    Congratulations on your new sisters!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete